Today I received most of my textbooks in the mail today. Who knew textbooks were such a hot commodity. Over $500 for the necessary resources needed to START class. It's amazing that an algebra book can cost more than the Bible!! :)
School will start in a week and I have to admit that I'm a little nervous. It was hilarious to hear myself classified as a "non-traditional" student. I'm pretty young and fun (well at least I thought I was), but it seems that people with major responsibilities outside of school are considered non-traditional students. Is that their way of telling me I'm old and no longer a part of the 'it' crowd?
Well...if that's the case, I wear the label proudly. The experience I have received has prepared me well thus far.
Although I'm sure there will be lots of sleepless nights and extremely long days, I'm looking toward a bright future for me and my son...after all...Education opens door of opportunity!
2 comments:
"Non traditional"? What a terrific label to have! Shows a specialness and uniqueness that defines you as person of focus,responsibility, and strength. Why would anyone want to be a part of the "herd" anyway when you can lead rather than follow?
I would wish you luck but I know since excellence in education is about aptitude, attitude and application you will do terrifically. Education does play a role in one's success in life but two of the most important keys are character and a sense of purpose, a vision if you will. Success will be yours!
Thanks Dave. That means a lot to me. I will represent with pride!!
I agree that you have to have more than just an education and I will keep that in mind.
Post a Comment