Tuesday, January 6, 2009

MY JOURNEY BEGINS

A few weeks ago, I made the decision to return to school to pursue a career in dental hygiene. I was admitted and received a grant for most of my college tuition--notice I said MOST of my tuition.
BACKGROUND: For those who aren't familiar with how the education system works, after you complete a FASFA (a free application for financial aid) you are provided an EFC (Expected Family Contribution) score. This score tells you what the government feels (based on financial need) what you are expected to pay for your secondary education.
Initially I was concerned about how I was going to pay the money back, but I later realized that it's really not about the money...its about the experience...the opportunity.


LESSON LEARNED: I've always known that given the opportunity, I can achieve grandeur and I just enrolled for my first of many opportunities.

No comments: