Sunday, April 12, 2015

I HAVE A DREAM

Today I started doing something I haven't done in several years--I began daydreaming. As a child, I frequently daydreamed about life as an adult. Ironically as an adult, there seems to be no time to daydream about anything! And when there is, it get scary or you consider them pipe dreams not worth the energy you could be utilizing the do the many things on your continuously growing to do list. As a child, like many, I had BIG dreams and LOTS of them. It seems like as I matured and made more money and more mistakes, my dreams diminished. I realize I've allowed life's obstacles replace that space in time and it makes me sad--maybe even a little angry. As I've begin to reflect on my accomplishments, both large and small, I realize that I've achieved a lot--I've had a great son who will be entering high school next year, I've completed college and earned by bachelor's degree, and moved to the city and started a great career. It feels, however, like I missed something. As if there's still a void somehow, so now it's time to start dreaming again...BIG IMPOSSIBLE ONES. I'm not sure what/when/where/how, but I feel like I need them and they me.  It's time to awaken my spirit and soul again.

No comments: